Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When and why would you send tax returns to Intuit?

STR-B
Level 1
I wanted to know the purpose and benefit of this feature.  Is it for calculation error related issues, checking accuracy of the return, questions or concerns?
0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

I've only done it when there was a programming error that was keeping me from preparing a complete and accurate return. Like, "if you have oddball entries in these 3 fields, Lacerte screws up the calculation of this completely unrelated 4th field." Stuff where tech support has zero chance of creating the weird circumstances that are causing a problem.

It is 100% not for asking "Hey, did I do this return right?"

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

I've only done it when there was a programming error that was keeping me from preparing a complete and accurate return. Like, "if you have oddball entries in these 3 fields, Lacerte screws up the calculation of this completely unrelated 4th field." Stuff where tech support has zero chance of creating the weird circumstances that are causing a problem.

It is 100% not for asking "Hey, did I do this return right?"

STR-B
Level 1

Thank you  PhoebeRoberts,

Coincidentally, I actually found out first hand what "send to Intuit " under “return actions” meant after speaking with a representative about a tax return computing improperly with screen changes.  It was nice to have them there to walk me through and assist with back office issues.

STR-B

0 Cheers