Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When a return is rejected for dependent social being on another return, let the preparer see who it is.

bkleinmeyer
Level 2

Having to chat in every time we get this error is ridiculous. There is not another professional tax software on the planet that doesn't show you which dependent social is the cause of the issue. For that matter, I don't believe there is a consumer software on the market that wouldn't show which social is the cause of the issue. I've had to do this 3 times already this year. Can I bill Intuit for the time wasted on chat to get information that should be readily available? Drake, CrossLink, UltraTax, etc. Every tax software in existence except ProConnect shows the preparer the information we need. Why this extra step? Your support personnel would be freed up to help with actual issues.  

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14
  1. R0000-507-01 - The First Dependent listed on your Tax Return was already Claimed as a Dependent.
  2. R0000-507-02 - The Second Dependent listed on your Tax Return was already Claimed as a Dependent.
  3. R0000-507-03 - The Third Dependent listed on your Tax Return was already Claimed as a Dependent.