Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best source for getting new or updated tax changes for 2023? ie did the child tax credit change for 2023 or remain similar?

cakeen
Level 3

8 Comments 8

If you are in California, I highly recommend Spidell.  Spidell Home Page - Spidell (caltax.com)

CCH Answer Connect, a paid research service.

Follow Google News

AICPA. A membership is valuable, even necessary.

Membership in your state CPA board.

sjrcpa
Level 15

Also, read the form instructions -What's New.

Ex-AllStar
PATAX
Level 15

In addition to what my two colleagues stated, you should try to get as much information as you can from different sources. Depending on your credentials, there are national and statewide organizations that are excellent. There are also different entities that have tax letters. Live tax webinars and seminars are also excellent. If you have local colleagues there that are nerds like I am, then befriend them.🤓😉

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I get all of my information from TikTok.  🤣

(Just kidding).

PATAX
Level 15

That's better than getting information from Facebook.

sjrcpa
Level 15

What about You Tube?

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

I just wait for Bill to tell me what he saw on TikTok.  

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

The Tax Book ( or Quick Finder, I think) has a intro of 'what's new', plus buying The Tax Book gives 4 or so hours of CPE  you can choose from.  There's usually a 'what's new' one.

CPAacademy usually has one or two of 'what has changed'.

(I'm doing Spidell's update webinar this afternoon/& tomorrow afternoon.   I'll be a brain dead by 5:30 tomorrow)

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"