Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What adjustments to make for the suspension of requirement to repay Premium Tax Credit? If repayment is override to 0, the 8962 does not generate. How to force 8962?

The IRS has suspended the requirement to repay excess advance payments of the 2020 Premium Tax Credit.  I am able to override the repayment amount to zero by entering "-1" on 8962 screen.  But then the 8962 no longer appear in the return.  I am sure that the 1095-A information needs to be filed with the return, even if the repayment requirement has been suspended.  How do I force filing of form 8962?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15
5 Comments 5
sjrcpa
Level 15

Oh, I see!  The 8962 is simply omitted from the return.  Thanks!

0 Cheers

I will try to over ride on form 8962 Thanks its for 2019 taxes, got a cp notice.

Angela

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@ angelinagunther wrote:

I will try to over ride on form 8962 Thanks its for 2019 taxes, got a cp notice.

Angela

Why do you need to override anything?  I suspect that you are entering something incorrectly and you don't need to override.  What is the CP notice for?

qbteachmt
Level 15

"Thanks its for 2019 taxes, got a cp notice."

The 2020 temporary suspension doesn't apply to prior years.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers