Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unneeded intuit linkage

amazed
Level 2

I do not want my proconnect clients clients linked to my QBOL account absolutely no commonality.  How can i undo the linkage?  Hard to accept tech support answer that it is IMPOSSIBLE to undo the linkage

thanks

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
itonewbie
Level 15

Can't you just ignore it?  Or is there something more?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
amazed
Level 2

in an age of mandatory Written Information Security Plans (WISP) and expensive data breach insurance, spreading this information to platforms where it has absolutely no relevance, creates an unnecessary security exposure.  Do you happen to have contact info for Sasan Goodarzi's email?  I want to connect him to the IRS Commisioner on this point.

I don't want my accounting clerk to even know who my 1040 clients are.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-10876

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
itonewbie
Level 15

That's different from your initial question.  If your accounting clerk is not set up to be a user with authorized access to the returns in ProConnect Tax, that person shouldn't be able to open those returns.

ProConnect Tax, unfortunately, is very basic with access control and even that is very clunky to use.  Part of the return is most likely that their target clients for the product are, until now, smaller firms.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
amazed
Level 2

Absolutely the same question - just an example of the problem.  My QB clerk shouldn't even be able to SEE who my 1040 clients are (and i know the columns can be hidden, but they can also be unhidden by any QB user).  I think the IRS would agree with my position.

0 Cheers