Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger a CA 540X

Jim3
Level 2

I can't figure out how to have a schedule X appear for a California amendment.  

error:

The California amended return can be electronically filed, but the California amended return is not triggered in the amended input screen. Please review and correct.

I selected CA amendment under profile along with the 1040x and also put a 1=amending state return in the input section under misc. forms.

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
itonewbie
Level 15

Is this how your entries under Profile and Miscellaneous Forms > Amended Return (1040-X/Superseded) > General Information and Federal (1040X) are made?

Screenshot from 2024-02-19 16-09-44.pngScreenshot from 2024-02-19 16-10-15.png

If so, Sch X is supposed to be there.Screenshot from 2024-02-19 16-10-55.png

If your entries look exactly the same but Sch X is not generated, you should have Intuit Support look into that for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Jim3
Level 2

yes, that is what mine looked like.  I found in another thread that you must use a drop down next to the 1 for the state.  It doesn't show in your picture and only shows up if you add another state.  You add a state, use the drop down for CA then delete the state you added.  

This to me is a flaw intuit should fix.