Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried e-filing an Ilinois 1040-X, but it got rejected as IL doesn't allow. Does that mean the original e-filed IL return will still be processed or will it be negated?

cakeen
Level 3
I want to make sure I don't need to resubmit as I'm actually okay with the one I originally e-filed.
0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Hen9chan
Level 1

To my understanding, if the original e-file was accepted, it would be accepted.   The later changes or  1040X will not go through if there is something wrong, the dump system does not allow you to do it.  You can either do a paper filing to submit your  1040X if you really need to do the amendment.   Hope this help you.  Good luck.  If anyone can, CHAN can

0 Cheers
cakeen
Level 3

Thanks so much for your timely response.  My client can see pending charges and sure enough the IL Amended return must be getting ignored as he is only seeing a pending charge for his 2021 liability.  All that is good to know so I will now manually send in the IL estimated payments for him. 

On the Federal side however, my client can see 2 pending payments for his 2021 tax liability. Apparently, the federal processed the first return AND the amended return.  Do you think they will reimburse when they see it being processed twice?  

Lastly, is it possible within ProConnect to ever cancel Federal estimates that got set up with the return?  What if a person realizes later in the year they do not want or need to make the estimates that are set to be auto paid?  

Thanks,

Colleen

0 Cheers