Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transcripts

Warfields78
Level 2

I’m very new to using pro connect. I am trying to figure out if I can somehow download IRS transcripts in pro connect. Maybe I’m not looking in the right place? Help guiding me in the right direction is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Warfields78
Level 2

It is a feature that is coming and not available yet. Which is why I couldn’t find anything on it, lol

something to look forward too.

Thank you everyone for your responses!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
abctax55
Level 15

I don't know of *any* tax software that can import the information from an IRS transcript.

Half of the tax pro's don't even know how to read them 😉

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Warfields78
Level 2

I saw somewhere that I should be able to get transcripts through pro connect (like how you can get them through Canopy software) 

I agree there is no substitute for a tax pro.

I have had to get many transcripts lately calling the IRS, so being able to request and download/access (not import) them through Pro Connect would be very helpful. 

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

I'm not aware of that being a feature of ProConnect

I use IRS' eservices to get transcripts. I hate to call IRS and avoid it when I can.

Ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

Oops.... I misunderstood the OP.  I thought you wanted to IMPORT data into the software from a transcript. 

That would be sweet :-), but I doubt we will ever see it.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
qbteachmt
Level 15

The words ProConnect were not always this online tax product you are using. ProConnect Tax Online was Intuit Tax Online. ProConnect was more like office management. I think you found a reference to this:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:S4uuuwDJ3-MJ:https://proconnect.intuit.com/sup...

It used IRS Application-to-application. I think that's from 2018? 2016? I've never supported a client hub or document management. I support and code interfaces for Quickbooks and Lacerte, mostly, and computers in general for my clients. Someone might remember using that tool. I think it was part of document management, not tax prep.

Lacerte has an SDK to send it field data for forms. Nothing here reads an IRS transcript into a tax product form, as far as I know. That's not formatted. You can get brokerage data that way, though. .txf and .xml can be used.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Warfields78
Level 2

It is a feature that is coming and not available yet. Which is why I couldn’t find anything on it, lol

something to look forward too.

Thank you everyone for your responses!

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

@Warfields78 Where did you see that this is coming?

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers