Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ACA explanation for not filing Form 8962 must be attached as a PDF for electronic filing purposes. US - Ref #59924

Sg123
Level 1

I have checked the box "No marketplace insurance purchased" in the Credits section. I have filled out under General/Electronic Filing/Efile PDF Miscellaneous and gone to efile attachment. I have uploaded a pdf document titled ACA Explanation with the explanation that my client has company provided insurance and has never had marketplace insurance. And I marked the box send the attachment with federal return. It has rejected 3 times when I tried to efile. When I check the return, the critical error is still there, even after refreshing, and says there is a problem loading the input screen. What am I missing!!!!? 

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Sg123
Level 1

Problem Solved by Jashika J in digital assistant! I was missing another box to check. Go to General>E-File PDF/Miscellaneous>E-File Attachment in upper right hand corner>Link to form>Select main form 1040 and then select 102=ACA Explanation. I went to check the return  and my EF Critical Diagnostic Ref. #59924 was gone! My client has never had marketplace insurance and always had employer provided insurance so we will see what response they get. 

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
janelane504
Level 1

Having the same exact problem....and its annoying.  I cant even find the box in step 1, and I everytime I try to upload the attachment, I get an error "The return cannot be saved at this time" 

0 Cheers
Sg123
Level 1

Problem Solved by Jashika J in digital assistant! I was missing another box to check. Go to General>E-File PDF/Miscellaneous>E-File Attachment in upper right hand corner>Link to form>Select main form 1040 and then select 102=ACA Explanation. I went to check the return  and my EF Critical Diagnostic Ref. #59924 was gone! My client has never had marketplace insurance and always had employer provided insurance so we will see what response they get.