Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Organizer with prior year data

svpmatt22
Level 1

Online support said they are hopeful to have the ability to produce these (Just link Lacerte) in the coming weeks?  Has anyone else been told this and believe it to be true?  I converted to online, but if I cannot print and send these, it will be a disaster.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
George4Tacks
Level 15

" I converted to online" What did you convert from? If it was Lacerte, print the organizer from Lacerte 2018. 

We are often promised the Moon, but often only get  a sliver of cheese. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
itonewbie
Level 15

@svpmatt22 wrote:

Online support said they are hopeful to have the ability to produce these (Just link Lacerte) in the coming weeks?  Has anyone else been told this and believe it to be true?  I converted to online, but if I cannot print and send these, it will be a disaster.

Whoever told you that probably did not give you the right info.  I would be VERY happy to stand corrected.  Proforma PDF organizer is so contrary to the direction Intuit has been taking PTO, I would be surprise if that is really true.  In fact, there is no hint from the product manager in his responses to the FB group about PDF organizers, as recently as last week, that there will be a change in direction.

Intuit sees the existing format of Questionnaire and Document Checklists as viable substitute for convention organizers.  These are somewhat proforma'ed, so the Questionnaire and Document Checklists are created based on what the taxpayer's prior year return.  The proforma servers little purpose in practice, however, since open questions would not prompt your clients for the precise information you need without a bit of back and forth.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar