Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

:( Sent Client eSignature, Found a Mistake, Updated, Can't Resend

Imartin
Level 1

I sent my client her return to review and Esign using 🖋  eSignature. After reviewing we found a few mistakes 😕 but found her more money🤑. When I resend the return she receives the old one🚫. How can I resend the refreshed returned without having to copy the return. 

-Side note: I have voided the return, but still seem to be able to resend. If this makes a difference in the answer.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

Have you voided the e-signature? 

https://accountants.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/manage-integrations/using-esignature-proco...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers

Since learning that 8879 audits are very rare, I've stopped caring that much about adhering to the letter of the law. If they try one and DocuSign fails, I get a verbal confirmation or email confirmation and I feel good. 

Especially on April 13, I am not going to be good to myself and not bug the clients about it.  I still have 15 to go.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Talk like that and the audit will happen. I remember when I smoked and the waiter was slow, I would light up and right away they showed up. I had one 8879 audit when it was their very early years (as my grandson says  LAST CENTURY.) The auditor was straight outta boot camp and had no idea what they were doing. Finally they said something about my not filing my payroll tax returns and I kicked them out. I even wrote a very critical letter to the then Director and actually got something close to an apology from that office. Good luck. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns