Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting bond market discount

mstsax
Level 3

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

@mstsax wrote:

I have a 1099INT that reports $500 on Line 10 "Market Discount". I want to know where to input this in ProConnect.  Does this amount increase my interest?

Yes, it does increase the interest.  It works the same way as OID, which is interest accrued for the tax year.  You can enter that as Banks, savings & loans, credit unions, etc. or as a negative number for Accrued interest under Adjustments to Federal Taxable Interest.

Also on the 1099, Summary of Form 1099OID line 8  "Original Issue discount on US Treasury Obligations" the amount is $300.  I see where to put this in ProConnect. It increases my interest amount, correct?

You enter that as U.S. bonds, T-bills, etc. (nontaxable to state), which is what it is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
itonewbie
Level 15

OID?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
mstsax
Level 3

No not OID. Part is from US Treasury notes and Part is Domestic interest.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

If you want real useful answers, you may like to stop drip feeding this forum.  Please give full information about this "Part" and this "Domestic interest" and what exactly you'd like to know about reporting... input guidance on state or something else?

Still an AllStar
mstsax
Level 3

I have a 1099INT that reports $500 on Line 10 "Market Discount". I want to know where to input this in ProConnect.  Does this amount increase my interest?

Also on the 1099, Summary of Form 1099OID line 8  "Original Issue discount on US Treasury Obligations" the amount is $300.  I see where to put this in ProConnect. It increases my interest amount, correct?

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@mstsax wrote:

Yes, it does increase the interest.  It works the same way as OID, which is interest accrued for the tax year.  You can enter that as Banks, savings & loans, credit unions, etc. or as a negative number for Accrued interest under Adjustments to Federal Taxable Interest.

You enter that as U.S. bonds, T-bills, etc. (nontaxable to state), which is what it is.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers