Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rental error on 1065

ccntax
Level 1

New to Proconnect; not new to tax.  I'm getting a critical error in a 1065 "Prepare and attach a schedule of net income (loss) from rental real estate activities.  (Reference# 43568)."  I've never had to do this with other software and thought that was the purpose of Form 8825.  I can certainly prepare this attachment but get the feeling I'm missing something else.  Any help appreciated.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Do you happen to have a state return that would require a copy of F.8825?  If so, you may just need to attach a copy of that under File Return / E-File / PDF Attachment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
itonewbie
Level 15

Do you happen to have a state return that would require a copy of F.8825?  If so, you may just need to attach a copy of that under File Return / E-File / PDF Attachment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
ccntax
Level 1
Thank you.  I'll give this a try.  I guess the software I've used in the past attached required federal forms to the state returns automagically.
0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11
Oklahoma? OK E-file specs don't allow for the 8825 as other than a PDF, as I understand it. Lacerte doesn't attach it either.
0 Cheers
ccntax
Level 1
Good to know.  Thanks!
0 Cheers
haleyjomamaX3
Level 1

I have attached the PDF schedule for rental real estate and clicked the box to add to OK, but the diagnostic is still there. Any help or suggestions? 

0 Cheers
haleyjomamaX3
Level 1

I have attached the PDF schedule for rental real estate and clicked the box to add to OK, but the diagnostic is still there. Any help or suggestions? 

0 Cheers