Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejection of 1041 efile

cmorgancpatax
Level 2

I use PTO but the solution to the following rejection is update my Lacerte Module.  Anyone else have this problem?  I called PTO help last night but after waiting on hold while she was researching an answer, our call was disconnected (did she give up on me and hang up?).  Anyway it was late so I'll try again today when they open unless I can get an answer here first. Thx

Details for your rejected filing.

Error message: 'ReturnTypeCd' (specified in the Return Header) and the return version (specified by the 'returnVersion' attribute of the 'Return' element) of the return must match the return type and the version supported by the Modernized e-File system.
Solution: Please update your 2023 Lacerte Fiduciary Module to the latest version of the program to clear this error message. Once you have updated to the latest version, please resubmit your return.
Code: R0000-004-01
10 Comments 10
hjamieson
Level 1

I'm having the same problem, and I'm working in ProConect, but I was unable to get through to Intuit to get it corrected.  I have a number of 1041s to file, so I'm getting kind of anxious to get it resolved.  If anyone has a "work-around", please let me know.

Harry Jamieson, CPA 

0 Cheers
cmorgancpatax
Level 2

Oh no, I hate that you are having the same problem without any solutions.

But hey, misery loves company.

0 Cheers
Mark_19
Level 2

I am having the same problem!

Anxious to hear when Proconnect can solve the issue.

Mark

0 Cheers
cmorgancpatax
Level 2

Additional information that may help...I successfully filed 1041 thru March 13th. The ones that got rejected were filed on March 17th and rejected on March 18th. 

I wonder if something happened btw the 13th and the 17th?

Anyone else have similar timing of the rejection?

CM 

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

I can't remember where, but I saw something that IRS changed the efile schema  for 1041s all of a sudden. Software companies need to reprogram.

Ex-AllStar
sjrcpa
Level 15
Ron P
Level 2

Having the same problem.  Updated the program on 3/18 evening and still had rejects this morning.  Just updated the program again, e-filed again and got a few accepted.  However, I still have a few hanging as "received at Lacerte" (these were sent yesterday).  I need to somehow resubmit those.  I think you have the delete the transmission ID and try again.  Thoughts?

0 Cheers
valeriebach
Level 2

I am having the same problem on Lacerte. I am on the most current update!

0 Cheers
cmorgancpatax
Level 2

I resubmitted the rejected 1041 but still they are being rejected.  Since we're using PTO there is no new Lacerte update module to do.  Will Intuit just fix the PTO issue and give us an update?

How do we solve this issue?

cmorgancpatax
Level 2

Update...I resubmitted one more time and it accepted. Yay.  So for PTO I didn't do anything special except I just kept trying every 3 days and it finally worked.  Hope it's working for everyone else by now too.

0 Cheers