Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to enter Line 25C in Proconnect

workhard2022
Level 3

Hello,

I received a form 1042-S and I need to enter its "federal tax withholding" into my form 1040 by Proconnect. Does anyone know where to enter this withholding into Line 25C withholding from other forms?   Thank you!

I read an article about this same question but using Turbotax. It says there is a place Under "income taxes paid" then "Withholding not already entered on a W-2 or 1099". Not sure if Proconnect has a similar input?

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
sjrcpa
Level 15

It's probably not going to work.

IRS expects 1042-S withholding to be on a 1040-NR.

Is it substantial? If not, I'd tell client to forego it this year and get it changed to a 1099 for 2024.

Ex-AllStar
workhard2022
Level 3

Thank you for your help. 

it's $105 withholding not any big amount. maybe I will enter it to Line 25B.

But people will encounter this situation in which they file form 1040 (not form 1040NR) at the same time, they receive a form 1042-S from their job or other sources. If you search this question online, there is a solution for Turbotax to resolve or how to enter it.  But not proconnect online.

Hope someone knows a better way to handle this in Proconnect.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

How about Schedule K-1 > Schedule K-1 Overrides > Other credits (Click on button to expand) 

wihheld.png

You would need to do this allocation for each shareholder

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
workhard2022
Level 3

Thanks, George, but your picture is from form 1120S.   my question was for form 1040/Line25C.   I will see there is a similar place on form 1040

0 Cheers
workhard2022
Level 3

Not sure why Turbotax and Pro series have the option to enter 1040/Line 25C but Not proconnect which is sucks and frustrating!!!!

0 Cheers