Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule I for Wisconsin

hockeyfan
Level 1

I have a client that has student loan forgiveness.  This is not taxable for Federal purposes, so it does not need to be reported there and she did not receive a 1099-C.

However, it appears it may be taxable for Wisconsin.  I cannot seem to find a place in the software to enter this amount so it shows up on Schedule I line G.

Does anyone know how to enter this so it shows and produces the schedule?

Thanks,

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
itonewbie
Level 15

State specific modifications have their own input screens.  These are generally found under State & Local > Modifications > XX Modifications.  In this case, it'd be WI Modifications.

If you scroll down the input screen, you'd find a section called Wisconsin Schedule I Adjustments.  Enter the amount taxable to WI on the line for Certain student loan forgiveness.  This will then flow to both Wisconsin Schedule I, line 1g and line 2 of Form 1.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
hockeyfan
Level 1

I am able to get to the WI Modifications but the input page does not show anything related to schedule I.  There is a list of input boxes, but none of them reference student loan forgiveness.  

Not sure what I am missing, but the input page does not look like how you describe it to be.

itonewbie
Level 15

Are you using ProConnect Tax Online?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
glorian
Level 1

Can I ask why it is not reported on their Federal tax return? 

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Schedule I for WI, Part 1 line 1g

0 Cheers