Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non renewal options

spkcpa
Level 2

I have been a pro series customer for 30 years.  If I don’t renew for 2022 will I still have viewing access to prior year tax returns?  I’m retiring and might have client’s request data from prior years. Thanks 

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

You can view, but I'm not sure about the printing side of things.  To be safe, if you haven't already done it, I would make pdf copies of those returns.

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

Or you can pay the Fast Path Fee to get continued access.

Ex-AllStar
rbynaker
Level 13

You will not be able to print.

If you don't already have PDF copies of all returns, I would generate them now before your FastPath expires.  When I did this I turned on most of the optional forms/worksheets in the Preparer set and enabled printing of SmartWorksheets then I did a batch printing from HomeBase.  Depends on how many returns you have, you may want to do them in batches but I just did Select-All (Ctrl-A) and batch print.  Took a few hours so don't plan on doing anything else with that computer.

You can also just generate a Filing Copy PDF for everyone if you think you're going to provide clients with copies of their returns.  I make it clear in my engagement letter that the client needs to keep their own copies but you do you. 🙂

Rick

spkcpa
Level 2

After speaking with Pro Series customer service including a supervisor, I was told that I would have both view and print access to prior year tax filings after my license expiration.  I posted to this forum and have received mixed responses.  I do plan to save pdf files in the event I'm prevented future access.   

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  Have a great day.

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

Certainly ProSeries can change the rules any time they want to so maybe they have done so recently.  Based on the number of posts in this community though, the reality is that after Fast Path expires, no more printing.  We get posts every year about this from grumpy former customers.  YMMV.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Rick, from what I remember, you still have access to printing returns that have already been printed or e-filed.  You just can't print any NEW clients.

rbynaker
Level 13

@TaxGuyBill wrote:

Rick, from what I remember, you still have access to printing returns that have already been printed or e-filed.  You just can't print any NEW clients.

I think that's how it's supposed to work but we have plenty of people complaining here that they can't print after they cancel.  <shrug>  Maybe spk will post back next month with a reality check.

0 Cheers
spkcpa
Level 2

If I still have access to this forum I will definitely post if I still have printing capability after expiration of my product license.  

sjrcpa
Level 15

"If I still have access to this forum"

That won't be a problem. They let any one have access.

Thank for offering to update us.

Ex-AllStar