Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else having trouble getting a tax return to print? I tried both Chrome & Edge. Intuit says print separate parts of the return. Not a solution!

BeckyCPAPFS
Level 2
The print to pdf screen gives me a message Error Generating Return PDF.  If I use partial print to pdf I am able to get the whole return printed, but then I have to piece it together and that is so inefficient.  
0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

Have you tried clearing your cache? 

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More George4Tacks_0-1700095298420.png.
  3. Click More tools > Clear browsing data.
  4. At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
  5. Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
  6. Click Clear data.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
BeckyCPAPFS
Level 2

Thank you for the suggestion! I tried it and I still got the print error.   

lmclark53
Level 1

Did you ever get an answer? First return for 2023 and I can't get it to print......not happy!

0 Cheers
BeckyCPAPFS
Level 2

No, when I called support they told me it was my issue.  I thought it resolved itself when I got a new computer and started using Windows 11.  I did a test and it worked.  Now that I am trying to print a 2023 tax return, it doesn't work.  This is not a good start to tax season!  

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I have a problem between printing a pdf from browser. It just goes through the steps and crashes.

If I download the pdf (Which you should be doing as backup of what was filed for your client) and print outside the browser, it works fine. I am using an older Canon laser printer. I am sure I am not that unique. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
BeckyCPAPFS
Level 2

I think I found the issue.  I use a VPN on my computer and when I turn it off and print the return I don't have any trouble.  

0 Cheers