Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to indicate the tax payer is a partial year resident of NY City

suzanne-lytle
Level 1

For the NYC/Yonkers Resident there are only 3 options, No, NYC Full Year or Yonkers Full Year.  Both No and NYC Full Year create issues with the return.  I tried putting how many days the taxpayer was actually in NYC but that still did not help.  Does anyone have any advice?

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
IntuitRebecca

Hi there,

On the left-side menu, go to State & Local > Taxes > NY Change of City Resident (IT-360.1) to complete the required info for part year residency in NYC. 

- Rebecca

MLConsulting
Level 1

@IntuitRebecca I have generated the form 360.1 and I am still getting an error in the return.  Yonkers Full year selected (In client information) - "Tax for both full year and part year residence of Yonkers is present on the New York return. There is conflicting information in client information and NY - Ref #2088" 

My client moved FROM NYC to Yonkers. 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Over a year ago this started with "For the NYC/Yonkers Resident there are only 3 options, No, NYC Full Year or Yonkers Full Year" Which did you select?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
MLConsulting
Level 1

No matter which one I select there is an error. 

0 Cheers
suzanne-lytle
Level 1

Even if you enter No, and then you indicate on the IT-360.1 the days spent in NYC vs. Yonkers?  You can then allocate the income between the 2 cities, days spent and days moved.  I have not used the allocation percentage as I just allocate the income, but I am sure that works.  

0 Cheers
MLConsulting
Level 1

Figured it out. 

She moved to Yonkers from NYC. I needed to select Yonkers full year and fill out the 360.1 with only the NYC information. 

0 Cheers