Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enter international phone numbers in the Client Information

AL23
Level 2

In the Client Information screen I do not see a way of how to enter phone numbers from other countries.  Any suggestions?

Thank you.

AL23

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
itonewbie
Level 15

Under both Add client and Edit client, you can select the country under Mobile, Home, and Work.  Just click on the flag (defaulted to the US) and select the country from the dropdown list.

That's purely for your internal records only.  If your client is to sign up for or already has an Intuit account, he/she will enter a phone number for Intuit records (e.g. for MFA).  What you enter/change your client's phone numbers in ProConnect Tax, that will not affect your client's Intuit account in any way.

Screenshot from 2024-01-21 22-17-24.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

Sorry I misread your question, which is about Client Information instead of client setup.

No, you can't.  I think they intentionally do that to ensure phone numbers will pass validation in case they need to be included on the returns.

This affects not only clients who are stationed overseas but also tax pros like us who are based outside the US (as the system doesn't allow overseas phone number for preparers either).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar