Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOES 1099 NEC FLOW AUTOMATIC TO SCH C AND WHY NOT

PODW4444
Level 3

WHY DOESNT    1099 NEC FLOW TO SCH C    OR ANY WORKSHEETS

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
abctax55
Level 15

It's awful early on a Sat a.m. to be shouting...

It isn't 'supposed' to flow.  You don't need to enter each/every F 1099.  Run a tape on them, then enter the total on the appropriate form where the income should be reported.

The specific info of each F 1099 isn't needed by the IRS; they already have it.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
George4Tacks
Level 15

All CAPS is considered shouting. It is more difficult to read. 

Short answer - 1099 input only really does something in this program IF there is WITHHOLDING. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
HOGANTAXES
Level 4

To answer your question you have to double click and link it to the sch C or F or E when you input the info on the 1099-NEC not a 1099-Misc.... but its all the same, they have to be link to the appropriate schedule, if your an experienced preparer you should know where it goes and "NEVER" (SHOUTING) rely on software!!!! I too like to use Caps and got shouted at for it!! lol

Hope this helps, good luck!

Andrea

Hogan Taxes

itonewbie
Level 15

ProConnect has also gotten much better at giving screen-specific guidance.  See the screenshots below for where you can click for guidance.  The answer you are looking for can be found right there on the input screen.

Screenshot from 2024-02-10 16-08-52.pngScreenshot from 2024-02-10 16-09-08.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
dkh
Level 15

never mind ....  why I was dilly dallying  others answered same as I was going to