Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QBO Client Terminated Access and No Longer Access Tax Return

Traci B
Level 1

Has anyone had this experience and do you have any solutions or recommendations?  I had a Client that I recently fired.  I was her bookkeeper and prepared her tax returns the last year.  I had access to her Quickbooks Online and then prepared her tax returns In ProConnect.  When she removed by access to QBO, I no longer was able to access her tax returns either.  She has since asked me for information regarding them and I cannot get into it to access.  This is very concerning as I no longer have access to a return that I prepared and signed off on.  Support is telling me there is nothing they can do unless she gives me back access to QBO, which in my opinion should not affect access to tax returns.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
qbteachmt
Level 15

One issue is that there is "one Intuit ID" for all the portals. I also don't know how you started that tax return, such as the link from QBO or only through the ProConnect portal. And I don't know if you log in through the QBO Accountant Portal, and see only QB clients, or all your clients including tax. I log in using the same ID everywhere, yet some show me different perspectives and listings.

In general: "unless she gives me back access to QBO, which in my opinion should not affect access to tax returns."

This answer assumes you didn't File the return and you have no file copy and the client never got a copy. Have her give you that temporary invite, use it to get the info you want to hand off, then have her remove you, again. Also, perhaps what she asks for isn't something you want to or intend to provide. You don't have to give away your own work product, if you were not paid for it.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers