Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program asking for a Shareholder EIN on a Sch K-1 for individual shareholder

dnixon
Level 2

When trying to file S-Corp returns, it has come up with an error saying I must enter the Shareholder EIN on a worksheet of K-1 I have never used before.   It won't accept the shareholders SS# and requires an EIN.  When you put in an EIN just to see what happens, it asks you to put in shareholders name but then won't let you input data??

Looks like software glitch??  I have tried updating program a few times.

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
IntuitGabi

Is there a 199a? If so, is the box "Is this activity a qualified trade/business" checked yes?
Let me know if this doesn't work for you and I can look into it further. Thanks! 

0 Cheers
dnixon
Level 2

It seems to be doing it on a lot of returns and the strange part is they had already been efiled for fed purposes and I was just waiting on the Texas Margins tax to update.  When it did, I go in to file TX and it won't let me due to that error on federal return that wasn't there when I originally efiled it.

Checking yes or no on all those questions on the 199A doesn't change the error.    I have played with a lot of items that I don't think were required.   Problem is, it won't let me answer the place the error message sends you to.  

There had to have been some kind of program update that created this after the original federals were filed.  

0 Cheers
dnixon
Level 2

It is still doing it.    It is on Form 1120S,  Statement A - QBI Pass-through Entity Reporting.  It is requiring a Shareholder EIN.    Shareholders don't have EINs as they have SS#'s.  If I simply put an EIN in there, it removes that error but then says it needs Shareholder's Name but won't let me input data.

Hope that helps. 

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

Have you updated the program since this post? Thanks! 

0 Cheers