Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProConnect Michigan Property Tax Credit claim for service fee housing

iomancpa
Level 1

It seems as though Proconnect is not producing the MI-1040CR correctly when involving a renter whose property tax credit claim involves a service fee (instead of the landlord paying property taxes, they pay the local government a service fee).

While the form MI-1040CR seems to be reporting correctly according to the instructions for those paying a service fee ("Enter rent you paid for 2022 from line 53 and/or 55"). In the input screens, Housing Facilities (1040CR, Part 5) is where one specifies that they are service fee renters and then enters the rent paid per month, along with the name and address of the landlord. Those items I have entered, but the result is that this is generating a critical error code MI - Ref #33873 that says

"To file MI-1040CR as a e-file return, the taxable value cannot be zero or blank."

Also, there is another error code MI - Ref #43901 stating:

"For Michigan E-file on Form 1040CR when property tax levied has been entered an amount must be present in taxable value of homestead."

I can't think of what I may be missing here. Any advice or guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Intuitjhaze
Intuit Alumni

hey @iomancpa due to the specificity of the issue you are having with the error codes provided, your best bet would be to contact ProConnect support.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Intuitjhaze
Intuit Alumni

hey @iomancpa due to the specificity of the issue you are having with the error codes provided, your best bet would be to contact ProConnect support.

0 Cheers
iomancpa
Level 1

Will do. Thanks!

0 Cheers