Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparers name at the bottom of the tax return

jrtax57
Level 1

I am a new customer to ProConnect tax transferring from using Lacerte for many years.  How or where do I change the name of the preparer that shows up at the bottom of the tax return.  My firms name is correct.

Also, are there any hot link buttons that take you from the tax return or its forms back to the input section like I had when I used Lacerte

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

ProConnect Tax has Lacerte under the hood, as you may already know.  The input screen, therefore, are virtually identical to what you are used to.

So long as you have preparers set up for your account, you can select the preparer to print on the return by going to General > Client Information, then scroll down to the Miscellaneous Info section on the input screen for the line titled Preparer.

Hot Keys are a brand new feature that just got rolled out this year.  Haven't tried it myself but you can see the list here: https://digitalasset.intuit.com/render/content/dam/intuit/pcg/en_us/intuit-accountants/content/ProCo...

The list shows various combinations requiring an Option key but there is no such key in Windows, only in Macs.  May work with Alt on Windows machines but sure.  You may like to give that a try.

ProConnect Tax allows you to have both the input screen and tax form open at the same time in different windows, just like Lacerte.  On any input screen, you'd see the button Preview forms in the top-right corner.  Clicking on that will open a new window for the forms.  The only annoying thing is that the form window doesn't refresh as you make new entries; you will need to click on the Refresh forms button to have everything updated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
jrtax57
Level 1

This is a follow up to my previous question on how to change the name of the paid preparer on tax return.  I do see where you can designate to either 1 Not to print, 2 print name, or 3 if not already printed under miscellaneous in the input screen.  While those are the options none of them seem to work.  All three default to the same person in our company.  We have 3 preparers in our company that are all set up in proconnect.

What am I missing or how do I change the preparers name to the person who is assigned to the tax return.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

You already have the answer of how this can be done from my original response.

But if you are hoping that ProConnect Tax will automatically change the Preparer name to the staff assigned to that return, it won't.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar