Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pennsylvania Schedule A/B Interest and dividends not splitting between taxpayer and spouse

krkrater
Level 1

Preparing PA-40 for a taxpayer and spouse (MFJ) that separately earned interest and dividends. Entered which interest and dividends items belong to each in the interest and dividends input, and this is coming through correctly when I look at the MFJ/MFS comparison. But, Proconnect is only generating one Schedule A and Schedule B on the Pennsylvania return, indicating all the interest and dividends are jointly earned. The instructions from PA specifically say that this is not correct: "Do not use the joint oval to report joint interest income if any interest income is earned by the taxpayer and/or spouse separately."

How do I get Proconnect to generate two Schedules A and B, one for the taxpayer and one for the spouse? The only thing that has worked so far is forcing MFS status for the PA return, though I don't want to actually file the return separately.

0 Cheers