Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizers

Jhaberman
Level 2

I am a senior citizen preparing nearly 300 personal tax returns yearly.  At least half of my clients are older than I am and do not use the internet.  It appears PTO does not give me the ability to print a tax organizer and questionnaire from a PDF and mail that to my clients.  The only option I can find (as confirmed by a call to "support") is to send an organizer via Intuit Link.

This tells me I can no longer send at least half my clients a tax organizer unless I buy another product, convert my files to that product, and then print organizers in that product (can anyone say Drake?)

Mind boggling to me that I cannot properly service about half my practice via PTO - they are taxpayers and clients, too!

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
mwaller1027
Level 2

They implemented mid-January this year what they are calling Prior Year Worksheets, which is basically the organizer minus the list of questions.  We are printing that and then adding a list of yes/no questions to it.  It most definitely beats the e-Organizer.

0 Cheers

I have the same issue.  In addition to what mwaller1027 pointed out you can download and print the Tax Preparation Agreement, Questionnaire, and Document Checklist while in Create request.  Just click on the symbol next to where it says continue.Screenshot 2023-02-22 093557.png

@Jhaberman wrote:

I am a senior citizen preparing nearly 300 personal tax returns yearly.  At least half of my clients are older than I am and do not use the internet.  It appears PTO does not give me the ability to print a tax organizer and questionnaire from a PDF and mail that to my clients.  The only option I can find (as confirmed by a call to "support") is to send an organizer via Intuit Link.

This tells me I can no longer send at least half my clients a tax organizer unless I buy another product, convert my files to that product, and then print organizers in that product (can anyone say Drake?)

Mind boggling to me that I cannot properly service about half my practice via PTO - they are taxpayers and clients, too!

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

I built my practice with an annual "disorganizer" sent to clients with an explanation that some preparers required paperwork to be completed that was more complicated and time-consuming than just filling out the returns.  It was three or four pages of news and commentary, detailing what documents and information to bring me, and we did mostly in-person appointments for gathering additional information.  After the first few years, clients know what is expected, and with few exceptions I haven't taken any new clients in the last ten years.  For the last two years, we did not do office appointments, and people dropped off or mailed their "tax stuff" (the technical term for raw materials).  This year we are back to appointments, but some clients don't need one.  As the saying goes, different strokes for different folks.  

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

Take a look at this article: How to create PDF organizers in ProConnect

When you save as a PDF, you're able to print and then mail to your clients. 

0 Cheers