Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Form 990-PF, how do I input "0" for Part XV, line 3b (grants approved for future payment)?

frustrated user
Level 3

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
George4Tacks
Level 15

Universal for Lacerte is using -1 (minus 1) as a zero. 0 is the same as a blank.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
frustrated user
Level 3

Thanks, that didn't work.  It only reduced the amount of grants that were paid.  Part XV, line 3b calls for the amount of grants approved for future payment.  This foundation did not have any that were approved for future payment.  When I did a paper return, I inserted -0- on line 3b, but I can't figure out how to do that on ProConnect.  I will just leave it blank, even though the Instructions call for an entry on every total line.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Look in the screen for grants & Allocations and scroll down to the bottom of the 1st tab. There are a couple of check boxes. One is "Approved for future payment" 

Did you accidentally check that box?

frustrated user
Level 3

That doesn't seem to work either.  I think I would have to enter information about a grantee who was approved for future payment.  But there are no grantees so approved.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I consider a blank line to be a complete line. I do not believe it is necessary that a numeral (especially zero) be on every line of a return.