Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Form 926, how do I leave questions 2b and 2d blank? ProConnect filled them in, but they are not applicable.

frustrated user
Level 3

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
frustrated user
Level 3

I spoke with ProConnect. It is a glitch in the program.

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7

Seriously, you have a Form 926 in the ProConnect package????

Because we're not feeling the love here in ProSeries Professional....in any form set.

Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7

I'm sorry.  I spoke too soon before reading your name "Frustrated User"

You'll get used to it.  Welcome aboard!

frustrated user
Level 3

This is my second year using it. I'm far less frustrated this year. I've also found the ProConnect associates very helpful when I have called them.

The ProConnect programmer may not have realized that question 2 on Form 926 applies only to corporate transferors. There should be a way to leave blank the answers to that question's subparts.

0 Cheers
Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7

The IRS required efiling of the 5471 last year or two years ago so it is in the 1040 package (the 8865 is not however)....but I wasn't aware that the 926 was in there as well.

Try including "@Intuit" in your post.  Sometimes they will reply and look 'intuit'...

frustrated user
Level 3

Thanks, Taxes-by-Rocky!  I'll try that.  

I'm preparing a 990-PF. The 926 is in that package in ProConnect, but the 8865 is not, so I have to upload that to attach it.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Asking once is enough. 

What type of Legal Entity is this organization? 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
frustrated user
Level 3

I asked twice so that I could add @Intuit.

The question applies only to corporations. The taxpayer is a trust. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

But you could just as well have added @thewizardofoz or @elvishasleftthebuilding ---------- you won't get a response from any of them.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

The only way to call @INTUIT IS VIA https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/intuit-account-settings/contact-proconnect-...

You can call people that you think might be able to help by using the @ but they must be people you have had some contact with. 

I now know @frustrated user (you) and this sentence notified you that something is happening in your thread.

I don't use 926, but what you describe is either (a) software glitch (call or chat with support) or (b) user input error (you need to do a careful review of all input). 

My guess (and only a guess, since I can't access your input) is that you did not indicate the entity is a trust in the General Client Information.

Intuit wants you to think this forum is support. In a sense, it is, but it is ONLY INPUT FROM OTHER USERS. We are volunteers and generally enjoy helping others. Sometimes we chide a bit and may rub you wrong, but we mean well and we like to have a bit of joy in our life. 

If you can give more detail about your problem, please do so and maybe we can help. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
frustrated user
Level 3

I spoke with ProConnect. It is a glitch in the program.