Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On a Form 990 EZ what does it mean where there is a line drawn through a critical diagnostic?

pfdcpa
Level 2
There are references to the balance sheet and fund balance but it doesn't make sense. And there is one about electronic filing of a return prior to the year end date but it is for 2020 with an extension to 11/15/21
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

In Lacerte, when you see that in the Form mode, that'd mean you have checked off the box in front of the diagnostic in the Diagnostic Tab. 

But I may be barking up the wrong tree (different software), which I've been doing a lot here. 

Also in Lacerte, it can be unchecked (in Diagnostic Tab).

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

In Lacerte, when you see that in the Form mode, that'd mean you have checked off the box in front of the diagnostic in the Diagnostic Tab. 

But I may be barking up the wrong tree (different software), which I've been doing a lot here. 

Also in Lacerte, it can be unchecked (in Diagnostic Tab).

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
George4Tacks
Level 15

If you look more closely at the diagnostic with the line through it (click on it) , you should see it in a large version with the checkbox to the right that when checked says IGNORE. You may not want to ignore it. 

Capture.JPG

If you could post the verbiage of the balance sheet diagnostic, we can likely help. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns