Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nebraska efile is open but ProConnect still will not allow transmission. Do we have an update on when we will be able to transmit NE returns?

0 Cheers
12 Comments 12
George4Tacks
Level 15

Probably a form not yet ready. All release dates can be found at 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/supported-tax-forms/?forms=pto

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
TJSTONECPA
Level 1

That form status states that the forms are available as of January 24 or 26 and it's now February 6 and Nebraska returns are still not being allowed to efile in proconnect.  Any update on when we will be able to file a Nebraska return.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

You would need to chat or call support to get an estimate. My opinion, just wait until it happens. One other user for another state called and was told later this week. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

@TJSTONECPA Is there a specific message in the program you're seeing when you're not being allowed to e-file? 
A screenshot would be helpful to pass the message along. Save the picture and attach it to this post. 

Open snipping tool and take a screenshot 

0 Cheers
matthew-wright
Level 1

"Tax Year 2022 transmissions are not available.
Pro-Connect Tax Online s not ready to process Tax Year 2022 for this return.
Problem occurred transmitting efile data"

-2/12/2023

0 Cheers

I do support on Lacerte side and Nebraska can e-file on our side.  I use ProConnect for my practice though and it is still not allowing NE transmissions.  The message matthew-wright above sent is the response for individual e-file.

0 Cheers
ctongish
Level 2

This is so frustrating. And no one wants to give any information. Something, even if it is not good news, would be appreciated. At least tell us what the holdup is.

I have contacted the NE Dept of Rev to find an alternative for filing State only (not mailing in).

The is more than ridiculous.

0 Cheers
ctongish
Level 2

Nebraska Individual Returns can be filed NOW!

If you previously filed Federal and now need to file NE, you will need to first unlock the return. You don't need to make a copy of the return but unlocking it will allow you the option to e-file Nebraska now.

Thank you to Boris Shmukler!!!

Vs Bk
Level 1

But Lacerte Software can Efile NE --

0 Cheers
Vs Bk
Level 1

It let me efile this morning 2/15/23  Federal & Nebraska -- will see if gets accepted  🤞

0 Cheers
TJSTONECPA
Level 1

I filed and they are getting accepted. Finally.

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

Thanks for the updates! 

0 Cheers