Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NC - Ref #41977 How do I clear this diagnostic? I have filled in all contact info

kristine-gunn
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
itonewbie
Level 15

@kristine-gunnWelcome to the forum.  Since you are new here, you should know that this is not Intuit Support.  We are fellow users like you and don't have a manual with these error codes.

If you could quote the exact error message you received and provide some additional context, someone may be able to point you in the right direction.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
kristine-gunn
Level 2

The Critical Diagnostic says: "North Carolina Department of Revenue requests payment contact name (first and last name), email address, and telephone number, including an area code, in the appropriate fields. This information will be used in the event the North Carolina Department of Revenue needs to contact the taxpayer regarding their payment. The North Carolina Department of Revenue will use the email address to acknowledge receipt of the taxpayer's payment. If the taxpayer does not provide an email address, they will not receive confirmation that their payment has been received." 

I have phone numbers and email addresses for the taxpayer and spouse.  This continues to come up.  The NC return has also been rejected because "Information in this return is missing and/or invalid." The solution listed is: "This electronic reject is the result of a defect in the program that will be corrected on the update available Thursday. No input changes are required on your part. Download and install the update when available and retransmit the return."

Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thank you

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Phone number may be the problem.  If you did not enter phone numbers on every line, you need to select from the line Daytime Telephone # which phone number to use.  E.g. If you have only Home Telephone # entered, you will need to select 2=Home from the dropdown.  This will clear the diagnostic regarding phone number so long as you already have email addresses entered.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
kristine-gunn
Level 2

Yes I have all phone numbers listed - Home, work and mobile with Home selected from the drop down window.  I also have both email addresses listed.  Nothing will clear this diagnostic!

Thank you for your help though.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

I can't replicate your problem.  The diagnostic is cleared once the entries are made as I explained.  If it doesn't work for you, it sounds like there is a problem with your particular return.  Your only option would be to contact Support and use the Send to Intuit function under Return actions, so that they can look into it for you.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.  Good luck.

Still an AllStar
kristine-gunn
Level 2

Thank you for your help!