Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line 5 of Sched A, State Inc Tax - Proconnect calculates wrong number?

jayhjacobsen
Level 2

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

Unlikely.

Why do you think it is wrong?

When posting here you put the subject  in the question and you get lots of room in Details to provide, um, details.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
sjrcpa
Level 15

Unlikely.

Why do you think it is wrong?

When posting here you put the subject  in the question and you get lots of room in Details to provide, um, details.

Ex-AllStar
jayhjacobsen
Level 2

The input is simple, 3 estimate payments and two withholding amounts.  The total of those 5 amounts should appear on the Federal Schedule A, Line 5a.  But the amount shown by the system is about 9% less?  I am stumped.  Is there a way to drill down from the form?

0 Cheers
jayhjacobsen
Level 2

The input is simple, 3 estimate payments and two withholding amounts. The total of those 5 amounts should appear on the Federal Schedule A, Line 5a. But the amount shown by the system is about 9% less? I am stumped. Is there a way to drill down from the form?

0 Cheers
jayhjacobsen
Level 2

It was my error.  A diagnostic advised some of the State Tax Deduction needed to be allocated to foreign income and, therefore, could not be taken as an itemized deduction.  That amount explains the difference.  Chalk it up to a ProConnect user who needs to read his diagnostics more carefully 😳.

sjrcpa
Level 15

Glad you figured it out.

Thanks for posting the solution so it is available for other users.

Ex-AllStar