Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

leased employees

ragreen
Level 1

leased employees can now be considered for payroll for the qbi section 199.  Where do I enter the payroll information from the leasing company in the proseries s corp form?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
qbteachmt
Level 15

Leased employees, where there is a Common Law employer, meaning the FICA and other taxes were paid and filed and reported as under the S Corp FEIN, is the same as the corporation having its own payroll:

https://www.thetaxadviser.com/issues/2017/jul/importance-identifying-employer.html

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
ragreen
Level 1

agree.  But I have the question - on proseries do I enter it under wages and salaries?  Trying to find the right box.  Thanks to all!

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Enter on line 7 the total compensation of all officers paid or incurred in the trade or business activities of the corporation. The corporation determines who is an officer under the laws of the state where it is incorporated.

Enter on line 8 the total salaries and wages paid or incurred to employees (other than officers) during the tax year."

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the leased of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

🤣

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers