Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit: Please respond to my question about Earned Income and the Child Care Credit. Husband had limited W2 wages. Why won't the sys create the credit?

dndngh
Level 3
No response from original question.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
  1. Does the wife have wages or self employment profit?
  2. Do any W-2s show an amount in Box 10?
  3. Double check that you have the W-2s and self employment assigned to the correct spouse.

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
qbteachmt
Level 15

You don't need to keep asking.

This is not Customer Support or Tech Support. This is a discussion forum on the internet with peer users who voluntarily help, when and if they can. First, someone who knows your issue would need to see it. Second, everyone is a bit busy right now.

So, asking Intuit for help on the community isn't going to do much. Have patience. Or, do more research. Or, provide more info. For instance, did you confirm with the tax table manually, that you don't have any problem at all? Did you narrow it down to only that credit?

You need to put more info, when you are not getting help, because it likely has scant info for someone to help you. Here is that original topic:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-discussions/discussion/mfj-and-2-dependents-t...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
  1. Does the wife have wages or self employment profit?
  2. Do any W-2s show an amount in Box 10?
  3. Double check that you have the W-2s and self employment assigned to the correct spouse.
dndngh
Level 3

Thank you

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"No response from original question."

I don't see where you answered here or in the original question.

It's a discussion; if you want help, you need to participate. This is not a keyword search. TaxGuyBill was nice enough to give you some prompts, because as I noted, the original question was a bit too vague to be able to help. Remember: no one can see what you are looking at. It helps to give details.

0 Cheers
dndngh
Level 3

I thanked taxguybill for his kind response.

I did not ask for lessons from any forum cops. 

You should not butt-in. If you found my question vague, you could have let it go.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

What you have the chance to do is to be part of the community. You have a topic that obviously created some anxiety. You were asked follow up questions and told the initial info is too vague to help. You never answered the follow ups, so that you could get more help.

If you resolved it on your own or because the follow up questions prompted you to resolve it, it would be great if you participate in the peer community by sharing here (or in the original topic) just what you realized or what you fixed that resolved the issue for you. That might be something that helps others looking for similar help.

Because that's what goes on here: peer users volunteering to be helpful.