Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installment Sale Property Type Code - e-filing reject

freshy70
Level 3

See message below. I have entered the property code. This return was filing electronically last year with no issues and had the same 2 forms 6252 reporting installment sales of businesses. Any ideas to get this e-filed? The client is due a big refund and I would hate to tell them they have to mail it in.

Error Message: Data in the return is missing or invalid. Please double check your entries.

Solution: The IRS has added a new requirement that every Installment sale both past and current must have the Installment Sale Property Type Code entered. Please verify that a valid selection has been made from the property type code table. Please review the reason for the reject. If necessary make the appropriate change and re-submit this return electronically. However, if the reject continues you may want to file this return via U.S. Mail. To file your return, print it and mail it to the appropriate taxing authority.

Code: /Return/ReturnData/IRS6252/InstallmentSalePropertyTypeCd

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

If you have the correct code, I would try deleting the code and entering it again.  If that doesn't help, you may need to contact support.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

If you have the correct code, I would try deleting the code and entering it again.  If that doesn't help, you may need to contact support.

Slava Ukraini!
freshy70
Level 3

Wow! It worked. Thank you

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
acw100
Level 1

confirming that this worked for me too. Took a couple tries to get it to stick. 

Had to switch the code to a different code, reload the return, then switch it back to the correct code

thanks for posting

0 Cheers