Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help on this error. The employer identification number (EIN) is invalid. The firm's EIN should be nine digits, and cannot be all zeroes or all nines.

porhd99
Level 1
I need help identifying which form is generating this error.
0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

If you click on that error, does it jump to the entry point. What type of return are you working on?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers

Hi.  I am on a personal return and have 2 K-1s with the same ID number for each K-! (husband and wife are both shareholders).  Also, there are 2 W-2s which are from an Employee Leasing company.  Both of these have the same EIN number but different from the K-1s.  There is SE health insurance involved in the return so would this error come from this?  

When I click on the error it says "Edit is not available for this error."  I can click on the box that says to ignore it... but when I do this, I get a warning about it could cause an IRS reject of the electronical filing. 

I have verified the EINs involved so I am at a loss of how to fix it.  Please help ASAP as I need to finish this return and get it filed 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

What you describe does not sound like it should give an error like the original post here. Go back and confirm you have enter all the EINs properly the should all auto format by just entering the 9 digits. Could it be a problem with state ID numbers?

If you need more help contact Support EITHER https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-news-updates/discussion/proconnect-tax-assist... OR https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/intuit-account-settings/contact-proconnect-...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

That error pertains to your (the preparer's) EIN, not something client-specific.