Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have IRS POA 2848

mbeeler
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Unless you are planning to represent all your clients you prepare returns for, it does not sound reasonable that you would have every one of your clients sign a PoA for multiple years.

The answer you need is in the instructions for F.2848, which should remain valid for the period(s) and tax matter(s) specified until revoked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

Unless you are planning to represent all your clients you prepare returns for, it does not sound reasonable that you would have every one of your clients sign a PoA for multiple years.

The answer you need is in the instructions for F.2848, which should remain valid for the period(s) and tax matter(s) specified until revoked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
I agree, I definitely would not sign an all-encompassing POA for multiple years for just preparing the tax returns.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Great! Now what are you planning on doing with it?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers