Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a return that I'm working on. For some reason, it's showing as Amended but it's the 2021 return and it's never been filed, so not sure how that happened.

How do I get it to not show as an amended return?
0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
itonewbie
Level 15

• Go to the Input Return tab.
  • Select Miscellaneous Forms.
  • Select Amended Return (1040-X), then General Information and Federal (1040X).
  • Ucheck Amending federal return.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Profile > remove check marks for amended

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@George4Tacks wrote:

Profile > remove check marks for amended

Unfortunately, you can't remove (or delete) 1040X from Profile (like a regular return) although you can uncheck the box for e-filing the 1040X.  The only way to remove the 1040X from the return is to follow the steps suggested in my earlier post.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@itonewbie New this year for converted returns is that they (PCT) check the e-file boxes for Amended returns in the profile. There have been many users that experience that when they try to just do a plain old vanilla return. The user has done no input for amended. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers