Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a new client who has provided me with copies of their prior tax returns. What is the best way to get that information into ProConnect for organizer use in 2023?

wlmay2
Level 1
My client has asked for an organizer for 2023.  I have used organizers in the past while working with ProSystems, but haven't needed one since I started using ProConnect.  I have PDF copies of 2020, 2021 & 2022 for the client.  I didn't want to recreate the wheel by redoing the 2022 return (and I didn't want to have to use a 2022 return credit either)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

You can input a full return and not use a credit if you don't PRINT or E-FILE.

At some point you will need to recreate at least part of that wheel. 

I would recreate the 2022, but not necessarily with all the detail , e.g. just a single (or just a couple) item for all the stock sales. Use Check Return to see that it matches what was filed and then use that to create the organizer. This also gives you a chance to get a feel for the program outside of the pressure of tax season. 

I would not trust the organizer to work properly until January. There are always bugs that need to be worked out. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
George4Tacks
Level 15

You can input a full return and not use a credit if you don't PRINT or E-FILE.

At some point you will need to recreate at least part of that wheel. 

I would recreate the 2022, but not necessarily with all the detail , e.g. just a single (or just a couple) item for all the stock sales. Use Check Return to see that it matches what was filed and then use that to create the organizer. This also gives you a chance to get a feel for the program outside of the pressure of tax season. 

I would not trust the organizer to work properly until January. There are always bugs that need to be worked out. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns