Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a client who lives in TX, but earned gambling winnings in OK. The OK state return non-resident, it's not populating the OK Source of Income on pg 1 of the 511-NR.

OK said the return wasn't filled out correctly, but I only see one place in Proconnect to indicate she's a non-resident.  They are taxing all of her income not just the gambling winnings.
0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
George4Tacks
Level 15

In the Client Information screen indicate Resident State as of 12/31 as US (unless you must file a TX return). Indicate a full year resident.

The only income that should be coded to OK should be the gambling winnings. https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/multi-state-taxes/entering-multi-state-amou...

All other entries should be for US (or TX).

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
poolcleaner
Level 9

The income should have ended up on Form 511-NR-1 which is on pages A-H and that will give you the opportunity to show the gambling winnings as Oklahoma income.  The first page of the OK 511 NR will show your Oklahoma income and your total income but will not tax it.

I  just noticed that you are using Pro Connect and my answer is based on Pro Series Professional so I hope it is still of benefit.

Another Former All Star

abctax55
Level 15

(Hi Jane... how are ya' & the grandkid 🙂

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
sjrcpa
Level 15

And it's not even October yet! 🙂

Ex-AllStar
poolcleaner
Level 9