Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 1099 INT from the IRS. Should I put that amount in with bank interest, or with US bonds. Is that amount taxable?

Level 1
Labels (1)
0 Cheers
2 Replies 2
Level 11
Level 11

It is interest and it is taxable.

Level 14

I wouldn't want to say because I'm not an expert on the laws of every state with an income tax.   For 1040 purposes, you can put it in either place, it's still going to end up on Schedule B (or at least, on the line for interest income).  

0 Cheers