Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using the estimated tax worksheet. Line 14b shows $82,538 estimated tax to be paid. Line 15 is blank. Why won't it generate taxes to pay?

mike47
Level 1

0 Cheers
12 Comments 12
rcooley25
Level 11

If the tax return is completed then check forms in use and you will see that the vouchers have already been calulated and ready to print for the amount you are talking about. However if you want your client to be paying a differendt amount then that is where the estimated tax payment worksheet comes into play and you enter the amounts your self. When you go back to forms in use you will see that the vouchers are now set up with the amounts you have changed it to.

0 Cheers
mike47
Level 1

In the past, it worked that way.  On the return I am viewing, it shows up as $0 even though it should be about $20,000 per quarter.  I used an override, but would like for it to work without the override

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

I cannot imagine why it is working out this way. What was the result of the taxreturn just prepared?

0 Cheers
mike47
Level 1

The 2022 return shows that they made an estimated payment of $45,000 and that they owe about $40,000.  The estimated tax worksheet shows that they need to pay about $80,000, but the vouchers are blank without the override.

I'd like to use the chat feature in ITO to show the return to someone there, but cannot find a way to do that.

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

Again I say go to the extimated tax wrksheet and if you keep scrolling down you will see that there is a place where you can enter the amounts you want to pay manually and those amounts will appear on the vouchers.

0 Cheers
mike47
Level 1

I know how to do it manually.  My point is that the tax software used to generate it automatically.  I'm trying to avoid manual overrides

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

What I gave you instructons for is not an over ride. If it was an over ride  the instructions would show that you have an error. Why on your program the estimated tax vouchers do not show amounts on their own is beyond me. But since you can get the job done by the instructions I gave you I think you are making much to do about nothing.

0 Cheers
Fordenk
Level 1

I have the exact same problem.  The estimated taxes (line 14b) has an amount to be withheld in the coming year, but line 15 is blank and no vouchers are created.  Seems like a bug in the software.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Maybe an obvious question but did you select one of those options to prepare ES-tax based on 2023 under Estimate options (Click on arrow to select from list) [Override]?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers

In that drop down, I selected "3 = Greater of 90% of 2023 or 100/110% of 2022 tax" for Federal

When that did not work, I went to input return/payments/2023 estimated tax/2023 estimated tax/overrides and entered $21,000 in each quarter for Federal

When I go to check return/forms/US/ES worksheets, I see 84,000 in row 15 based on my overrides.  If I remove my overrides, then ES worksheets row 15 is blank.  I just did that and it's blank.  Then I added the overrides back and row 15 is 84,000 again

I want the software to generate the estimates without me entering overrides of 21,000 for each quarter

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Just curious, what is the 2022 tax?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers

The 2022 tax is $349,921.  The 2022 withholding is $264,598

0 Cheers