Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Enter 1040 - Schedule C - With Employees - Single Member LLC - Owner Gets W2

KGL19
Level 2

How to Enter 1040 - Schedule C - With Employees - Single Member LLC - Owner Gets W2.

I read to check statutory box on the W2. When I do that it overstates revenue on Schedule C. How do I fix it?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

If the W-2 is from a third party, that does NOT go on Schedule C.  That person is an employee.

If the owner issued himself a W-2 for his business, that is wrong and the W-2 and payroll forms should be amended to $0.

qbteachmt
Level 15

"I read to check statutory box on the W2."

You only do this if the Issuer of that W2 has already done this. Your job is to enter the W2 info as it was presented to you. You don't change what you enter based on how you think something needs to be treated; you are entering what was reported.

A SMLLC owner is not their own employee for Sched C operations. Who issued the W2? Is the employer on that form this Owner's own entity? That's the first answer you need to give, to move this topic forward.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.