Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear critical diagnostics (extended and amended returns, 1120S)

ReneeCPA
Level 2

Hello,

I'm working on a Form 1120S in ProConnect Tax and receive the following two critical diagnostic messages that I don't know how to fix.

1) When filing an extension, the State of California requires an amount due and for the amount to be paid electronically via direct debit. (CA - Ref #47312)

2) At least one entry is required in the "Amended Electronic Filing" input screen. The IRS requires an amount by amount breakdown of the changes made for an electronically filed amended return. (US - Ref #11976)

I'm not trying to extend or amend this return. However, this client was imported from 2020 ProSeries and it was an extended return in that software. 

Seems I should just be able to toggle on and off an "extend" or "amend" selection, but I can't find it anywhere.

What should I do?
Thank you! 

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

1) carefully check the input for Extension of time to file (7004), especially on the TAB for "

State & Local".  This early in the game, it might be bug in the program or just an informational diagnostic. 

2) Check the PROFILE to see if the select for e-file is checked for any three amended options. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
George4Tacks
Level 15

1) carefully check the input for Extension of time to file (7004), especially on the TAB for "

State & Local".  This early in the game, it might be bug in the program or just an informational diagnostic. 

2) Check the PROFILE to see if the select for e-file is checked for any three amended options. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
ReneeCPA
Level 2

Thanks so much, that's the solution. (Hidden in Profile, which I didn't think to check. Still getting used to this UI vs ProSeries.) 

0 Cheers