Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long are client return copies and client tax documents available in Proconnect and Intuit Link?

Challiday
Level 1

I want to know how long client return copies and client tax documents are retained and available for me to download in ProConnect and Intuit Link so I know if I need to retain copies outside of the program or if they will be available within the program for an adequate period of time. Thanks!

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
sjrcpa
Level 15

I'd keep my own copies as I go along. I don't know the time period but they do have a cut off.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Never rely on Intuit.  Always keep copies saved on your own computer for anything that you think you might possibly need in the future.  Intuit also likes to indenture people so once you stop paying for their software, they kinda like to lock the doors and not let you back in.

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

Print a pdf copy of the return as filed and keep that. Generally there is no specific time at which they will inform you that they are closing out old years. From the current drop down you can see back through 2013. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns