Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get the partner's basis worksheet to generate in the 1065?

A basis worksheet for each partner is not generating- how do you get this to generate?
0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
IntuitRebecca

Hi there,

You should be able to generate that by going to Partner Information > Partner Basis Worksheet, and entering the "Adjusted basis at beginning of year" for each partner.

Jeff T
Level 1

On the information worksheet clicking the print partner tax basis does not work - printing a PDF of the 1065 does not include the partner tax basis schedules. Just because the print partner tax basis is checked, Intuit does not print these forms, and they are not included in the EFILEd returns which are required for Federal and California.

You have to go to Chose Forms to Print, unmark all boxes, check the box on each partners tax basis, and create a PDF file to attach to the EFILE return.  Print the PDF to get a printed copy to give to each K! partner.  LLC with many partners  saves time to batch all partner tax basis, otherwise you have to individually create a PDF for each partner to attach to the EFILE returns.

I am filing a California 568 which requires the partner tax basis schedule for 2021 - do the same as the Federal steps above for the California LLC tax return.

I was informed by Technical to send this to Intuit as a request to fix the above work-around, but I can not find that  on this portal.  If you know how to send this as suggestion to Intuit, please copy this and send to Intuit to fix.

JT CPA

Intuit ProSeries Professional

IN THE PRIOR YEARS, INTUIT HAD MAJOR PROBLEMS CREATING THE PARTNER TAX BASIS SCHEDULE CORRECTLY.  MY WORK-AROUND WAS TO LOAD THE K1 TO A PARTNER THAT I PREPARE  IN THE 1040 TAX RETURN, CALCULATE AN  AT RISK SCHEDULE, AND THEN COMPARE THAT NUMBER TO THE PARTNER TAX BASIS SCHEDULE - I WOULD THEN FORCE THE INCORRECT PARTNER TAX BASIS SCHEDULE.  THE GOOD NEWS,

SO FAR  THE 2021 PARTNER TAX BASIS SCHEDULES ARE CORRECT.