Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you E-File without paying the taxes due? (without form 9465). Client applied for payment plan online, and website says to not file form 9465 if you applied online.

Like the title says, looking for a way that I can E-file without paying the clients tax liability. Client applied for payment plan online, and IRS website states to not file form 9465 if you are applying online. Is there another way to E-file without paying the amount that is owed?

Thank you in advance
0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Either uncheck the box for direct debit or enter a -1 in the 1040-V field.

George4Tacks
Level 15

Misc. Info./Direct Deposit > Scroll down to Form 1040-V and then one more to Form 1040 payment AND ENTER -1 (-1 means zero)

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

Thank you for your response. Are these the locations that you are talking about? I have tried looking for the areas that you described but I am still unable to figure it out.

E-Filing Electronic Payment.jpgForm 1040 payment.jpg

0 Cheers

Thank you for the response. I am unable to find these locations. Are these the areas that you are talking about? I have deselected the electronic payment, and I also entered the -1 for 1040 payments

E-Filing Electronic Payment.jpgForm 1040 payment.jpg

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

That looks right. Check out the client letter.  "no tax is payable with the filing of this return"

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns