Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get the COGS from form 1125-A to flow to Schedule F, not 1065?

NCred99
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
abctax55
Level 15

You enter the farm expenses on the farm input areas (Screen 11 in Lacerte, PTO's big sister).  You don't use the 1125-A input area.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
itonewbie
Level 15

If those are livestock or items for resale, wouldn't you report those on Sch F, on Line 1 for cash method taxpayers or Part III for accrual method taxpayers?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

Anna, you beat me by a couple seconds... 🤣

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
NCred99
Level 1

If I remove the inventory from 1125-A then I get critical diagnostics about inventory not tying to the balance sheet.  I can't efile with critical diagnostics.  Any suggestions?  FYI - the inventory is purchased livestock that will not be depreciated

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Jensen, well... you do live a long ways away 😂

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Emm1234
Level 3

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue. This is my first year using Lacerte, and did not have this issue with my old program. 

0 Cheers
Emm1234
Level 3

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue. This is my first year using Lacerte, and did not have this issue with my old program. 

0 Cheers