Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I generate items in the document checklist in Link that were not used last year?

icerider
Level 2

How do I generate items in the document checklist in Link that were not used last year? Only the proforma list is actually sent with the Link invitation.

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
itonewbie
Level 15

What Intuit Link has is not much of a proforma process.  What it does is to limit questions and document requests that are relevant from last year's return.  All other questions and document requests will be removed on the basis your client would have exactly the same items of income, deduction, and credit as with last year.

If you want more than what has been proforma'ed, you will need to add each question and document request one by one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
icerider
Level 2

Thanks for the info.  I found that there is the option (a tick mark) to not personalize the doc request when you send the invite. 

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

You're basically reverting to a standard or customized template without proforma.  That's different from adding items to a proforma request.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
icerider
Level 2

Correct. That is what I want, my standard customized list. 

0 Cheers